    SubjectRe: [RFC] block integrity: Fix write after checksum calculation problem

    Darrick> Unfortunately, I didn't get a sense that any sort of consensus
    Darrick> had been reached

    We had a session on this topic at the storage workshop in Auguest. The
    consensus was that filesystems really need to handle this.

    Also, DIX is only the tip of the iceberg. Many other impending
    technologies feature checksums and require pages to be stable during I/O
    due to checksumming, encryption and so on.

    The VM is already trying to do the right thing. We just need the
    relevant filesystems to catch up.

    Martin K. Petersen Oracle Linux Engineering

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-02-22 17:51    [W:0.025 / U:20.352 seconds]