SubjectRe: merge of m68knommu and m68k arch branches?
Hi Thomas,

On 22/02/11 07:18, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2011, Greg Ungerer wrote:
>> Inside of the new arch/m68k is a little messy in the kernel and mm
>> directories. There is plenty of scope for cleanup and merge on the
>> files in here - but I want to leave that for follow up patches after
>> this initial directory merge. As a data point, when we merged the
>> m68k and m68knommu include files we had something like 70 or 80
>> duplicate but separate files, after some cleanups that is now down to
>> 10. Ongoing cleanup will merge some of these remaining ones as well.
>> Thoughts?
> Hmm, how are you going to deal with the fact, that m68knommu uses
> genirq, m68k not? I guess there are some more points like this
> (clockevents, clocksource ...)

Initially it has no impact. This first step pretty much just
combines the 2 directories, it doesn't attempt to do a fine
grained merge of each file. (It does factor out identical
files - quite a few in arch/m68k/lib for example).

> Is there a plan to move m68k to the generic facilities as well ?

I'll look at doing what I can as I work through merging all the
underlying pieces :-)

Greg Ungerer -- Principal Engineer EMAIL:
SnapGear Group, McAfee PHONE: +61 7 3435 2888
8 Gardner Close FAX: +61 7 3217 5323
Milton, QLD, 4064, Australia WEB:

 \ /
  Last update: 2011-02-22 03:09    [W:0.135 / U:0.388 seconds]