SubjectRe: 2.6.38-rc2: Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason 2d on CPU 0.

* Cyrill Gorcunov <gorcunov@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> We still trying to resolve it but without success yet. There is no
> >> easy way to revert it. One of the option might be to disable perf on
> >> p4 for a while. If this is acceptable -- i'll cook such patch and send
> >> it to Ingo. Hm?
> >
> > That's not really acceptable - need to fix it or revert it to the last working
> > state. Which commit broke it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> >        Ingo
> >

> I can't say you the commit id after which unknown-nmi start happening
> (i'm out of git tree
> at moment) but even then this commit should not be reverted since the
> problem is in
> p4 code not in the rest of perf system.
>
> I have two patches here (attached) and would really appreciate of
> their testing on HT machine
> together with kgdb bootup tests enabled. Dave could you please?

Could these patches fix Dave's non-kgdb problem? Dave isnt using kgdb but is
probably using perf which triggers NMIs? Dave, can you confirm that?

And it's a spurious NMI message, not actual lockup or other misbehavior, right?

Thanks,

Ingo