    SubjectRe: Heads up Linux 2.6.38-rc4 compile problems.
    On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 8:02 AM, Linus Torvalds
    <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

    > Well, the thing is, Eric said he was using ext4.
    >
    > And there are absolutely no changes I can see after -rc3 that would
    > affect anything like this.

    Hmm. Eric - mind testing current -git?

    J. R. Okajima found a possible problem with the new RCU filename
    lookup, which could corrupt the filp_cache. I'd expect the normal
    result to be an oops, but maybe there could be memory corruption. And
    the easiest way to trigger it would probably be to have lots of
    concurrent fs activity with renames.

    Now, it's not new to -rc4: the whole rcu lookup thing was merged into
    -rc1. But since I still don't see anything that looks likely to be
    introduced after -rc3, it might not hurt to think that maybe it's just
    rare enough that you just thought -rc3 was ok, and then you were
    unlucky with -rc4.

    Linus

      Last update: 2011-02-13 18:43    [W:4.467 / U:0.048 seconds]