SubjectRe: [SOUND] SBx00 sound card using snd_hda_codec_analog auto mutes
Thanks for your reply!

Takashi Iwai <> writes:

> At Thu, 10 Feb 2011 20:49:51 +0800,
> Wang Lei wrote:
>> On my laptop, the sound card auto mutes some seconds after i enable it.
>> And play a audio file can't make sound. This is not a powersave feature,
>> because i haven't enable it. I guess it's a driver problem. It occurs
>> since 2.6.36.X. Please help.
> Then a possible cause would be the badly working interrupts.
> Or, I remember vaguely some reports mentioning conflicts with radeon
> driver.
> Anyway, try to reproduce without the graphic interface first.

I have reproduced it without the graphic interface.

> Also, try to pass enable_msi=0 or 1. AMD controllers tend to unstable
> regarding MSI.

And pass enable_msi=0 or 1 to snd_hda_intel, or even add boot parameter
pci=nomsi (i actually don't know whether this is reasonable), the
problem occurs.

I have forgot to mention this, when passing apci=off to the boot kernel,
there is no this problem.