SubjectRe: Wake On lan and ATL1 nic
Date
On December 23, 2010, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Thursday, December 23, 2010, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:

> > > It works for me with 2.6.37-rc7 and the appended patch applied (at
> > > least the machine is woken up from suspend to RAM). Of course, the
> > > adapter needs to be configured for that with the help of ethtool.
> >
> > Hi, thanks for making quick work of this. I have one slight problem, my
> > nic seems to use the atl1 driver, and not atl1c. I've tried using atl1c
> > and atl1e, both will load if I modprobe them, but neither actually bring
> > up the device. Even tried blacklisting atl1 first.
>
> I see.
>
> Please try the patch below, then. It's analogous to the atl1c one, but
> it's untested (builds for me).
>
> Thanks,
> Rafael

Hi, I just (finally) got around to testing this, and it all works now! thanks a
lot. Though to be honest, it may not have had an impact. I noticed my BIOS
settings for PCI device wakeup had been disabled (I could swear they were on,
but after testing the patch, and wol STILL didn't work, I didn't have any
other ideas...). And it seems WOL now works on both an unpatched
2.6.36.1+autogroup, and a patched 2.6.37.

I haven't done any significant testing of this patch, other than the machine
boots, the network comes up, and WOL works.

If you have any things you want me to try, to make sure the patch is correct,
let me know.

Thanks again for working on the patches.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
thomas@fjellstrom.ca

  Last update: 2011-02-10 17:09    [W:0.047 / U:0.308 seconds]