    > From: Richard Cochran <>
    > This patch adds support for adding and removing posix clocks. The
    > clock lifetime cycle is patterned after usb devices. Each clock is
    > represented by a standard character device. In addition, the driver
    > may optionally implement custom character device operations.
    > The posix clock and timer system calls listed below now work with
    > dynamic posix clocks, as well as the traditional static clocks.
    > The following system calls are affected:
    > - clock_adjtime (brand new syscall)
    > - clock_gettime
    > - clock_getres
    > - clock_settime
    > - timer_create
    > - timer_delete
    > - timer_gettime
    > - timer_settime
    > [ tglx: Adapted to the posix-timer cleanup. Moved clock_posix_dynamic
    > to posix-clock.c and made all referenced functions static ]

    I sort of worry about the naming collision with the term posix-clock, as
    this is just one type of posix clock (I suspect most folks think of a
    posix clock as the clockid passed to the existing posix api).

    Could we maybe use posix-dynclock or posix-fdclock or something? I know
    its already been changed from clkdev, so sorry for being finicky here
    and not catching this earlier.

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-02-01 22:53    [W:0.030 / U:10.712 seconds]