    Subjectworkqueue_set_max_active(wq, 0)?

    I know workqueue_set_max_active(wq, 0) isn't allowed, but I was just
    playing with making mac80211 completely synchronous in the configuration
    path. (The reason is that right now, we have a single-threaded workqueue
    and configuration entry points, so it's *almost* single-threaded /
    synchronous. This means that the non-synchronous nature rarely gets

    So I thought I could put a work struct onto the workqueue and then when
    it executes it signals the configuration function & waits for that to
    finish, etc., a bit like the rendezvous mechanism used to flush works.

    But then I thought maybe this should be more generic, like
    "workqueue_pause()" / "workqueue_resume()".

    And then I found workqueue_set_max_active() but passing 0 isn't allowed.

    Before I dive in more deeply I figured I'd ask if you think what a good
    way of doing this would be (and whether I'm completely insane) :-)

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-12-09 10:57    [W:0.040 / U:31.776 seconds]