    SubjectRe: [tip:core/locking] lockdep, rtmutex, bug: Show taint flags on error

    * Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:

    > On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 18:48:51 +0100
    > Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@chello.nl> wrote:
    >
    > > On Tue, 2011-12-06 at 15:34 +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
    > > > If you disagree with a patch, do not silently drop parts of it. I
    > > > demand that you remove my 'Signed-off-by' as this is not the change I
    > > > submitted.
    > >
    > > The easy solution is that I never take patches from you again, ever.
    > > Consider that done. I'll let Ingo see if he can remove your SOB.
    >
    > In which case you are presumably ceasing to be a maintainer for that
    > code ? Your statement above appears to be inconsistent with the rôle of a
    > maintainer.

    Just for the record, Peter is co-maintaining the lockdep code
    with me (and is doing a superb job with that) and as such he has
    no obligation whatsoever to interact with every contributor - as
    long as at least one maintainer considers every patch submitted.

    Personally, reading various past discussions i can understand
    Peter not wanting to work with Ben Hutchings for some time -
    i'll look at his future patches and will consider them.

    Thanks,

    Ingo