SubjectRe: [tip:core/locking] lockdep, rtmutex, bug: Show taint flags on error

* Alan Cox <> wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 18:48:51 +0100
> Peter Zijlstra <> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2011-12-06 at 15:34 +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > > If you disagree with a patch, do not silently drop parts of it. I
> > > demand that you remove my 'Signed-off-by' as this is not the change I
> > > submitted.
> >
> > The easy solution is that I never take patches from you again, ever.
> > Consider that done. I'll let Ingo see if he can remove your SOB.
> In which case you are presumably ceasing to be a maintainer for that
> code ? Your statement above appears to be inconsistent with the rôle of a
> maintainer.

Just for the record, Peter is co-maintaining the lockdep code
with me (and is doing a superb job with that) and as such he has
no obligation whatsoever to interact with every contributor - as
long as at least one maintainer considers every patch submitted.

Personally, reading various past discussions i can understand
Peter not wanting to work with Ben Hutchings for some time -
i'll look at his future patches and will consider them.

  Last update: 2011-12-06 19:07    [W:0.081 / U:4.264 seconds]