SubjectRe: Please add my tree to linux-next
于 2011年12月05日 07:09, Stephen Rothwell 写道:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 12:22:54 +0800 Cong Wang<amwang@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> As Andrew Morton suggested, please add my tree which contains all
>> of my patches for kmap_atomic() [1] to linux-next. Some of the
>> individual patches already got ACK from subsystem maintainers.
>> The tree is hosted on github:
>>
>> git://github.com/congwang/linux.git #kmap_atomic
>
> I have added this tree to linux-next today.
>
> Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next. As
> you may know, this is not a judgment of your code. The purpose of
> linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
> conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.
>
> You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
> been:
> * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
> Signed-off-by,

When I sent the patches out, they all have my Signed-off-by, but not in the
commit logs in my tree. Is this a problem?

Yes, see http://lkml.org/lkml/2011/11/27/2.

> * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),

Yes.

> * successfully unit tested, and

Yes, compile-tested on x86_64 and ppc.

> * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Yes, for next merge window.

> Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
> to fetch). It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

Ok.

Thanks!