    SubjectRe: [RFC] UASP on target
    From

    > On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 09:55:13AM +0100, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
    >> On 12/05/2011 09:39 AM, Felipe Balbi wrote:
    >> >Hi,
    >> Hi,

    >> what I
    >> >
    >> >This is much better, indeed, but the way it is now, it's only usable by
    >> >the gadget framework because you have put the function driver on the
    >> >transport layer. I wonder if there wouldn't be a simple way to split
    >> the
    >> >"SCSI Over USB" part in a more generic way which could be shared
    >> between
    >> >gadget side UASP and host side UASP drivers ?!? Maybe ?!?
    >> >
    >> >The drivers/target/uasp_*.c would really be just a transport layer and
    >> >gadget/host drivers would make calls to that "library" ? Something like
    >> >that ??
    >>
    >> There is very little code that is not host specific. For instance
    >> uas_alloc_cmd_urb() is something that could be used on both side but
    >> the host is boxing the command and I need to unbox it. So I don't see
    >> how I could share things except for the defines.
    >> Most of the things are usb specific. So UAS gets the commands from the
    >> scsi framework, puts the usb layer around it and sends them.
    >
    > k, fair enough ;-) Just thought there'd be a better way to share this
    > code with host side implementation. Nevermind then
    >
    > --
    > balbi

    Hi guys,

    Thanks for your quick response.
    We are glad to see that our initial implementation is being used and
    gaining momentum.

    We intend to learn and re-implement the UAS protocol using the target
    framework, and continue our work started few months ago.

    We hope to get your corporation in the future as well.

    Thanks,
    Shimrit

    --
    Consultant for Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
    Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum

      Last update: 2011-12-05 13:13    [W:0.025 / U:0.688 seconds]