    SubjectRe: [RFC] UASP on target

    > On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 09:55:13AM +0100, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
    >> On 12/05/2011 09:39 AM, Felipe Balbi wrote:
    >> >Hi,
    >> Hi,

    >> what I
    >> >
    >> >This is much better, indeed, but the way it is now, it's only usable by
    >> >the gadget framework because you have put the function driver on the
    >> >transport layer. I wonder if there wouldn't be a simple way to split
    >> the
    >> >"SCSI Over USB" part in a more generic way which could be shared
    >> between
    >> >gadget side UASP and host side UASP drivers ?!? Maybe ?!?
    >> >
    >> >The drivers/target/uasp_*.c would really be just a transport layer and
    >> >gadget/host drivers would make calls to that "library" ? Something like
    >> >that ??
    >> There is very little code that is not host specific. For instance
    >> uas_alloc_cmd_urb() is something that could be used on both side but
    >> the host is boxing the command and I need to unbox it. So I don't see
    >> how I could share things except for the defines.
    >> Most of the things are usb specific. So UAS gets the commands from the
    >> scsi framework, puts the usb layer around it and sends them.
    > k, fair enough ;-) Just thought there'd be a better way to share this
    > code with host side implementation. Nevermind then
    > --
    > balbi

    Hi guys,

    Thanks for your quick response.
    We are glad to see that our initial implementation is being used and
    gaining momentum.

    We intend to learn and re-implement the UAS protocol using the target
    framework, and continue our work started few months ago.

    We hope to get your corporation in the future as well.

    Consultant for Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
    Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-12-05 13:13    [W:0.025 / U:3.496 seconds]