SubjectRe: [RFC] UASP on target
From

> On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 09:55:13AM +0100, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
>> On 12/05/2011 09:39 AM, Felipe Balbi wrote:
>> >Hi,
>> Hi,

>> what I
>> >
>> >This is much better, indeed, but the way it is now, it's only usable by
>> >the gadget framework because you have put the function driver on the
>> >transport layer. I wonder if there wouldn't be a simple way to split
>> the
>> >"SCSI Over USB" part in a more generic way which could be shared
>> between
>> >gadget side UASP and host side UASP drivers ?!? Maybe ?!?
>> >
>> >The drivers/target/uasp_*.c would really be just a transport layer and
>> >gadget/host drivers would make calls to that "library" ? Something like
>> >that ??
>>
>> There is very little code that is not host specific. For instance
>> uas_alloc_cmd_urb() is something that could be used on both side but
>> the host is boxing the command and I need to unbox it. So I don't see
>> how I could share things except for the defines.
>> Most of the things are usb specific. So UAS gets the commands from the
>> scsi framework, puts the usb layer around it and sends them.
>
> k, fair enough ;-) Just thought there'd be a better way to share this
> code with host side implementation. Nevermind then
>
> --
> balbi

Hi guys,

Thanks for your quick response.
We are glad to see that our initial implementation is being used and
gaining momentum.

We intend to learn and re-implement the UAS protocol using the target
framework, and continue our work started few months ago.

We hope to get your corporation in the future as well.

Thanks,
Shimrit

--
Consultant for Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum

  Last update: 2011-12-05 13:13    [W:0.053 / U:4.020 seconds]