SubjectRe: [RFC] vtunerc: virtual DVB device - is it ok to NACK driver because of worrying about possible misusage?
From
On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 3:22 PM, HoP <jpetrous@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, initial report was made on vdr-portal because of our hardware announce,
> but you can be sure the same is true if server is build on any linux hardware.
> Here is some note:
> http://www.vdr-portal.de/board18-vdr-hardware/board84-allgemein/106610-das-neue-netzwerk-client-der-f%C3%BCr-vdr-verwenden-k%C3%B6nnen/?highlight=vtuner
>
> Additional info you can find (or ask) on our forum:
> http://forum.nessiedvb.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=11
>
> Please note, that compilation of vtunerc kernel driver (or loopback, or pigback
> or whatever name the code should be used) is simple - no need for any
> kernel real patching is required. Code can be compiled outside of the
> kernel tree
> (of course kernel headers are still needed).
>
> Some useful hints regarding userland application daemons you
> can find in our wiki:
> http://wiki.nessiedvb.org/wiki/doku.php?id=vtuner_mode
>
> When you get vtunerc and vtunerd applications connected, try
> simple command line tuning (szap/tzap or czap) to check
> if it works correctly. Only if you get zapping working switch
> to vdr.

Thanks for the info and links. I do know many guys who would be
interested in this if it can provide good server/client ability with
VDR. However, a large number of us only speak english so places like
vdr-portal aren't much use a lot of the time. If you have english
forums somewhere, that link would be far more useful I think.

Thanks

  Last update: 2011-12-05 02:49    [W:0.127 / U:0.208 seconds]