    SubjectRe: [RFC] vtunerc: virtual DVB device - is it ok to NACK driver because of worrying about possible misusage?
    From
    Hi,

    > Some input from the sideline reading this discussion. As a FreeBSD'er I would
    > very much like to see two things happen:
    >
    > - vtunerc goes into userspace like a client/server daemon pair using CUSE and
    > can support _any_ /dev/dvb/adapter, also those created by CUSE itself. That
    > means I could potentially use vtunerc in FreeBSD with drivers like cx88:

    Vtuner already has userland client/server pair. The server application
    is connecting to _any_ /dev/dvb/adapter device. Please look at small
    picture here:
    http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/wiki/BigPicture

    That means the server part is using totally "clean" linux. Nothing more.

    > http://corona.homeunix.net/cx88wiki
    >
    > - DVB-X solution in Linux gets mmap support to avoid endless copying of data
    > between kernel and userspace.

    Adding nmap support should be straightforward. I have it on my TODO.

    Honza

      Last update: 2011-12-05 01:07    [W:0.023 / U:0.148 seconds]