    SubjectRe: loading firmware while usermodehelper disabled.
    Date
    Am Samstag, 31. Dezember 2011, 16:33:12 schrieb Alan Stern:

    > Nothing has changed in the USB layer -- it has always been true that
    > devices could be reset during a suspend/resume cycle. This isn't a
    > matter of how the stack is written or anything like that; some
    > motherboards simply do not provide suspend power to their USB
    > controllers. Or the firmware reinitializes the controllers and
    > attached devices during resume, forcing Linux's USB core to reset
    > every device on the affected buses.
    >
    > When it comes to suspend/resume, there are almost no guarantees. :-(

    We are definitely going through do_unbind_rebind(). But I don't think
    it matters why we got there. We seem to be calling probe() too early.
    And we need to guarantee that a driver can request firmware in probe()

    So something has changed in the resume code path further up.

    Regards
    Oliver

      Last update: 2011-12-31 17:01    [W:0.022 / U:1.100 seconds]