    SubjectRe: [patch 1/4] Add routine for generating an ID for kernel pointer
    On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 18:54:29 -0500
    Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:

    > > +config GENERIC_OBJECT_ID
    > > + bool "Enable generic object ID infrastructure"
    > > + depends on CHECKPOINT_RESTORE
    > > + default n
    > > + help
    > > + Turn on the functionality that can generate IDs for kernel
    >
    > "Turn on functionality"
    >
    > > + objects, which are exported to userspace via /proc filesystem.
    >
    > Lose the ,
    >
    > > +
    > > + It is useful if you need to examinate kernel objects and test
    >
    > examine
    >
    > > + if they are shared between several tasks. These IDs should never
    > > + be used for anything but the "sameness" test. Besides, the IDs are
    >
    > s/Besides, the/The/
    >
    > > + dynamic and valid only while object is alive, once it get freed or
    >
    > s/alive, once/alive. Once/
    >
    > > + kernel is rebooted -- the IDs will be changed.
    >
    > s/ --/,/

    heh, I avoided mentioning these things because I usually rewrite the
    user-facing text when merging patches from non-native English speakers.

      Last update: 2011-12-28 01:05    [W:0.041 / U:31.380 seconds]