    SubjectRe: gma500: Attempting to load psb_gfx causes NULL pointer dereference error
    On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 9:36 PM, Dainius (GreatEmerald)
    <> wrote:
    > When attempting to launch a Linux system with any kernel version with
    > psb_gfx, I always get an error at boot time. The error includes these
    > lines:
    >    ioremap error for 0x7f579000-0x7f57a000, requested 0x10, got 0x0
    >    BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at   (null)
    >    Oops: 0000 [#1] SMP
    > The full error message and a stack trace can be found here:
    > On openSUSE with kernel 3.1.0 -
    > On Kubuntu with kernel 3.2.0 -
    > The device I'm using is running on the Oak Trail platform (it's a
    > Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 tablet).
    > One strange thing about it is if I try to boot the system with the
    > vga=0x318 option, it throws me this error on boot, but it still loads
    > the X server, although with the non-native resolution and seemingly
    > without backlight control and other features. It still seems that the
    > psb_gfx driver is running, however, since lsmod lists it and fbdev
    > seems to be running. And if I don't pass the vga option, the X server
    > crashes, complaining about /dev/fb0 not existing and fbdev failing to
    > load.

    Could this be a vesa driver clash? Try blacklisting vesafb and make sure
    X is using the fbdev driver. Vesa and psb_gfx doesn't play well together.

      Last update: 2011-12-25 01:11    [W:0.041 / U:1.380 seconds]