SubjectRe: Intercepting system calls
Hello Alan

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
>> Write a FUSE module to mount the filesystem through, inside your FUSE
>> module you can intercept the unlink/truncate/write calls and decide
>> what you want to have happen.
>
> Using fanotify and/or a custom security module (or selinux rules) might
> well also be a cleaner way to do it, depending what is actually intended.
>
> Trying to do stuff like archive 'old versions' isn't just about unlink
> however because many programs update the inplace file rather than
> unlink/replace.
I will see what SELinux offers but as far as I know I would need a
kernel recompile/ reinstall for that which most of the users would
avoid. I would still try doing these if I don't find any other way,
but still kprobes seemed a better way but ubuntu kernel does not
enable them.

--
Thanks and Regards ,
Gaurav

  Last update: 2011-12-23 18:11    [W:0.084 / U:0.248 seconds]