SubjectRe: Intercepting system calls
Hello Richard,
Thank you very much for your reply.

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 10:12 PM, richard -rw- weinberger
<richard.weinberger@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Gaurav Saxena <grvsaxena419@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am writing an application for which I need to intercept some
>> filesystem system calls eg. unlink. I need unlink to call my code
>> before deleting abc so that I could probably prevent unlink . I would
>> like to implement this in a kernel module instead of modifying kernel
>> code itself. I would like to intercept system calls by replacing
>> system calls but I have not been able to find any method of doing that
>> in linux > 3.0. Please suggest some method of doing that.
>>

> Intercepting system calls is very bad, don't do it.
Oh. I will not do it then, could you suggest me something so that I
could prevent unlink on some file say using kernel support. I want to
save file on unlink how could I do that without kernel support, or how
could I do that using a kernel module.

--
Thanks and Regards ,
Gaurav