    SubjectRe: Intercepting system calls
    Hello Richard,
    Thank you very much for your reply.

    On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 10:12 PM, richard -rw- weinberger
    <> wrote:
    > On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Gaurav Saxena <> wrote:
    >> Hello all,
    >> I am writing an application for which I need to intercept some
    >> filesystem system calls eg. unlink. I need unlink to call my code
    >> before deleting abc so that I could probably prevent unlink . I would
    >> like to implement this in a kernel module instead of modifying kernel
    >> code itself. I would like to intercept system calls by replacing
    >> system calls but I have not been able to find any method of doing that
    >> in linux > 3.0. Please suggest some method of doing that.
    > Intercepting system calls is very bad, don't do it.
    Oh. I will not do it then, could you suggest me something so that I
    could prevent unlink on some file say using kernel support. I want to
    save file on unlink how could I do that without kernel support, or how
    could I do that using a kernel module.
    > --
    > Thanks,
    > //richard

    Thanks and Regards ,

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-12-22 18:03    [W:0.019 / U:10.216 seconds]