SubjectRe: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference in ipv6_select_ident
On 21/12/2011 16:29, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> Le mercredi 21 décembre 2011 à 15:52 +0000, Chris Boot a écrit :
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I'm working on getting a 2-node VM cluster up and running, with DRBD and
>> Corosync/Pacemaker, running KVM VMs.
>>
>> I can trigger a kernel panic in either _host_ system when running an
>> rsync on a _guest_ VM. The rsync is simply SSH over IPv6 from a remote
>> mail store (containing maildirs) to a local filesystem. I'm basically
>> working on migrating a physical IMAP server to one inside a VM.
>>
>> After a few seconds of fairly heavy IPv6 traffic, I get the panic below.
>> You'll notice the panic refers to vhost_net, but I tried without that
>> and the kernel panics at exactly the same call point.
>>
>> Panic:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> Any insight will be gratefully received.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chris
>>
> Is it a debian kernel ?
>
> You need : https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/10/11/291

Eric,

Aha, that sounds like exactly the culprit, thanks. However I can't find
any reference to it in the 3.1 to 3.1.5 changelogs. Is it fixed in any
of those kernels or would I have to attempt to forward-port the fix myself?

Cheers,
Chris

--
Chris Boot