    SubjectRe: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference in ipv6_select_ident
    On 21/12/2011 16:29, Eric Dumazet wrote:
    > Le mercredi 21 décembre 2011 à 15:52 +0000, Chris Boot a écrit :
    >> Hi folks,
    >>
    >> I'm working on getting a 2-node VM cluster up and running, with DRBD and
    >> Corosync/Pacemaker, running KVM VMs.
    >>
    >> I can trigger a kernel panic in either _host_ system when running an
    >> rsync on a _guest_ VM. The rsync is simply SSH over IPv6 from a remote
    >> mail store (containing maildirs) to a local filesystem. I'm basically
    >> working on migrating a physical IMAP server to one inside a VM.
    >>
    >> After a few seconds of fairly heavy IPv6 traffic, I get the panic below.
    >> You'll notice the panic refers to vhost_net, but I tried without that
    >> and the kernel panics at exactly the same call point.
    >>
    >> Panic:
    >>
    >> [snip]
    >>
    >> Any insight will be gratefully received.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Chris
    >>
    > Is it a debian kernel ?
    >
    > You need : https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/10/11/291

    Eric,

    Aha, that sounds like exactly the culprit, thanks. However I can't find
    any reference to it in the 3.1 to 3.1.5 changelogs. Is it fixed in any
    of those kernels or would I have to attempt to forward-port the fix myself?

    Cheers,
    Chris

    --
    Chris Boot