    SubjectRe: [RFC] vtunerc: virtual DVB device - is it ok to NACK driver because of worrying about possible misusage?
    From
    > What really surprised me badly was that when I read all 54 responses
    > I have counted only two real technical answers!!! All rest were about
    > POLITICAL issues - code was NACKed w/o any technical discussion.
    > Because of fear of possible abusing of driver.

    To answer the original question -- absolutely not! Linux is not about
    and should not try policing what it's users do, or passing moral
    judgment. If there are technical reasons something shouldn't be merged
    as is, no problem. There are times when a persons personal preference
    should be left out of the equation, and this is an example of one.

      Last update: 2011-12-02 19:35    [W:3.163 / U:0.280 seconds]