SubjectRe: kernel.org/pub/ was re-organized recently?
On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:51:14PM +0800, Rijndael Cosque wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm sorry if I report this below issue in the wrong mailing list...

This is as good of a list as any. But since there are over 600 emails a
day on this list, you can easily be lost in the noise. Luckily for you,
I got bored while waiting for my test box to reboot and decided to
browse LKML where your subject line intgrigued my curiostity.

> Recently when I tried to wget the following packages, I got a HTTP 404
> error (not found):
>
> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jsipek/guilt/guilt-0.33.tar.gz
> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/library/Linux-PAM-1.1.4.tar.bz2
> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/bluetooth/bluez-hcidump-2.1.tar.gz
> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/security/linux-privs/libcap2/libcap-2.22.tar.bz2
> http://kernel.org/pub/software/utils/pciutils/pciutils-3.1.7.tar.bz2
> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/usb/usbutils/usbutils-0.91.tar.gz
> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/module-init-tools/module-init-tools-3.16.tar.bz2
> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/v2.19/util-linux-2.19.1.tar.bz2
> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/bluetooth/bluez-4.96.tar.gz
> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/hotplug/udev-164.tar.gz
> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/kexec/kexec-tools-2.0.2.tar.gz
> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/network/ofono/ofono-0.50.tar.bz2
> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/pcmcia/pcmciautils-018.tar.bz2

Yep, they aint there anymore.

> I'm sure I could wget them before.
> Can somebody point to me what happened to the packages? Where were
> they moved to?

I don't know where they are now. Probably somewhere on the developers
computers that created them.

Here's the issue. You may want to read up on what happened recently with
kernel.org:

http://lwn.net/Articles/457142/

And you can get a lot more info here:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=kernel.org+hacked

To sum it up in a nutshell; kernel.org has been wiped clean,
reinstalled, and all the content on there today has been loaded up by
the original developers as they saw fit to put it back. Not all the
developers that had access to kernel.org before has access today. The
above tools may comeback slowly. If you need them, you might want to
find the developers that created the tools and ask them where they are.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck in finding what you need.

-- Steve

  Last update: 2011-12-19 21:51    [W:0.037 / U:0.472 seconds]