SubjectRe: [RFC 0/2] ABI for clock_gettime_ns
On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 01:34:50PM -0800, john stultz wrote:

> FYI: Interesting additional emails from Steve Allen below (forwarded
> with permission) that put some caution around CLOCK_TAI.

I saw that, too, and I have a comment, below.

Yes, they would do this only if UTC becomes continuous and decoupled
from the whole leap second mess. I don't think it would be a problem
for the kernel, since we could simply re-name the kernel time scale to
UTC+X, or just remove the offset and call it UTC.

This would only happen if and when everyone agrees to the UTC
redefinition. I am not holding my breath. Earlier on in the article we
read that "after serveral years of discussions and analysis of
documents no firm postion has been taken." That article is dated
2007. Is the UTC fixup any closer now than it was back then?

Also, TAI has already been standardized as an operational time scale
by IEEE standard 1588.

Thanks,
Richard

  Last update: 2011-12-15 12:39    [W:0.058 / U:0.416 seconds]