    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Crypto keys and module signing
    On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 3:47 PM, David Howells <> wrote:
    > Hi James,
    > Could you pull my module signing code into the security tree?  The patches can
    > be viewed here:

    If I understand it is not possible to sign modules after they are
    built and load keys without actually
    rebuilding kernel?

    For distro kernel the public and secret keys have to be available
    publicly, right? Otherwise people
    using distro kernels won't be able to build own signed modules for use
    with that distro kernel.

    Then I as admin have to rebuild the kernel to get my own keys in and
    prevent other, "unapproved" modules
    to be loaded. Correct?

    Would be nice if the modules could be signed/re-signed after being
    build and prehaps kernel could
    load keys from initramfs? Then everyone could use own keys on distro
    kernels without need to rebuild
    the thing.

    I think I'm missing something :)

    Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz

      Last update: 2011-12-10 12:45    [W:0.023 / U:1.520 seconds]