Subject[patch v3 0/6] nohz idle load balancing patches
This is the -v3 of the load balancing patches that makes nohz idle
load balancing more scalabale. While the last 2 in the series are not
directly related to nohz, I clubbed them as part of this series as I noticed
them while I was working in this area and they helped the context switch
intensive workloads improve on the 8-socket system.

First RFC version of this can be found at
https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/11/1/368

Second version of this can be found at
https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/11/18/518

changes from v2:
a. Make the changelogs more descriptive.
b. nr_busy_cpus in the sched_group_power is updated when entering idle
irrespective of whether the tick is stopped or not.
c. kick the idle load balancer for the groups sharing package resources
and having more than one cpu busy.
d. Incroporate Mike's patch for enhancing ttwu_feature instead of disabling
the feature by default.

thanks,
suresh

  Last update: 2011-12-02 02:13    [W:0.115 / U:0.256 seconds]