SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] ib_srpt: Initial SRP Target merge for v3.2-rc1
On Sun, 2011-11-06 at 14:20 +0100, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Nicholas A. Bellinger
> <nab@linux-iscsi.org> wrote:
> > We have also discussed srpt_service_guid a bit before, which you
> > indicated needed to stay in current code as global scope, and presumably
> > should not change value after loading. Looking at the actual usage, one
> > post merge improvement we can consider is seeing if it's possible to
> > move ib_cm_listen() out of srpt_add_one() and have it driven instead by
> > configfs context in order to optionally set srpt_service_guid on a per
> > target endpoint basis to get us some more flexibility.
>
> ib_sprt defines a single I/O controller profile and hence there should
> be exactly one GUID associated with it.

Ok, so if it exists, it needs to stay global scope.

> > For the "last WQE" you've mentioned, I'm happy to accept a patch to
> > address this as you know the code better than me. Otherwise, I'll be
> > digging this out of your out-of-tree code as a seperate item and
> > figuring out how to reproduce and test this special case.
>
> I'll post a patch to address last WQE handling.

Thank you for handling this one. I've merged your patch into lio-core
and will get this included into target-pending with next set of
post-merge rc-fixes.

Thanks Bart!

--nab

  Last update: 2011-11-06 21:07    [W:2.349 / U:0.016 seconds]