    SubjectRe: [GIT] Networking
    On Tue, 2011-10-25 at 12:26 +0000, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 12:32 PM, David Miller <davem@davemloft.net> wrote:
    > >
    > > The most visible thing in here is the reorganization of the drivers
    > > under drivers/net.
    >
    > Nope, the most visible thing are some new annoying warnings, that seem
    > absolutely broken.
    >
    > At the very minimum, that WARN_ON(1) should be a WARN_ON_ONCE() or
    > something like that. Because showing it over an dover again is not
    > helpful.
    >
    > Added the people who signed off on the changes to the affected files,
    > since they hopefully know why this happens and can fix it..

    Sorry for the late reply.

    I think this was actually caused by some changes from Ben Greear
    "optimising" stuff in net/mac80211/work.c and keeping the wrong channel,
    Stanislaw was also looking at this at some point I think. I agree that
    it would be good to change to WARN_ON_ONCE(), will do that.

    The warning itself has been around forever, but the fact that it
    triggers now is probably related to the channel work & band switches.

    johannes

      Last update: 2011-11-04 18:07    [W:0.019 / U:3.164 seconds]