SubjectRe: [GIT] Networking
On Tue, 2011-10-25 at 12:26 +0000, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 12:32 PM, David Miller <davem@davemloft.net> wrote:
> > The most visible thing in here is the reorganization of the drivers
> > under drivers/net.
>
> Nope, the most visible thing are some new annoying warnings, that seem
> absolutely broken.
>
> At the very minimum, that WARN_ON(1) should be a WARN_ON_ONCE() or
> something like that. Because showing it over an dover again is not
> helpful.
>
> Added the people who signed off on the changes to the affected files,
> since they hopefully know why this happens and can fix it..

Sorry for the late reply.

I think this was actually caused by some changes from Ben Greear
"optimising" stuff in net/mac80211/work.c and keeping the wrong channel,
Stanislaw was also looking at this at some point I think. I agree that
it would be good to change to WARN_ON_ONCE(), will do that.

The warning itself has been around forever, but the fact that it
triggers now is probably related to the channel work & band switches.

johannes