    SubjectRe: [RFC/GIT PULL] Linux KVM tool for v3.2
    On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 02:35:18PM +0200, Pekka Enberg wrote:
    > We are reusing kernel code and headers and I am not interested in
    > copying them over. Living in the kernel tree is part of the design,
    > whether you like it or not.

    That's pretty much a blanko argument for throwing everything into the
    kernel. What's next, throwing your jvm into the kernel because you like
    some kernel helpers?

    We've been through this a few times - there is no reason why a tool
    using the KVM ioctls should be considered close to the kernel - all
    other users get away just fine staying out of tree, and that has
    helped to keep the ABI stable.

    This sounds more like you should create a libkernelutil with useful
    data structures we use in the kernel for userspace programs. I'd love
    to use that for a few projects, btw.

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-11-04 14:05    [W:0.019 / U:16.764 seconds]