SubjectRe: ore: FIX breakage when MISC_FILESYSTEMS is not set
On 11/29/2011 09:33 AM, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 14:21 +0200, Benny Halevy wrote:
>> On 2011-11-29 02:13, Boaz Harrosh wrote:

>>> The solution is to force all users of ORE (exofs, nfs) to manually
>>> select everything auto-magically selected before.
>>
>> How about using "depend ORE" rather than "select ORE"?
>
> Right. Make PNFS_OBJLAYOUT and EXOFS_FS depend on ASYNC_XOR (or select
> it) and then make ORE depend on EXOFS_FS || PNFS_OBJLAYOUT.
>
> There should be no need to add the 'select ORE'...

No! guys!

One it will not solve my problem because any
solution that needs to inspect exofs/Kconfig file will
not work if MISC_FILESYSTEMS is not selected and your
solutions involve that.

And two:
All the user needs to do is Select NFS4.1 everything
else should be done automatically. He should not need
to go to misc-filesystems and select ORE so he can have
pnfs-objects. That's a nightmare.

And anyway the current Kernel rule is that a user of a library
needs to select it and all it's dependencies, because select
is not recursive. Now I devised a little skim that can avoid
that, which is not conventional but works very nice. It was
almost good enough only we have the problem that exofs is under
that big MISC_FILESYSTEMS nub.

So It's the regular Kernel way, for now.

(The real solution is to move ORE to lib/ which would enable my
clever trick. But I don't want to go there only because of that)

I'll fix the typos though

Thanks
Heart

  Last update: 2011-11-29 23:31    [W:0.379 / U:0.180 seconds]