SubjectRe: Perhaps a side effect regarding NMI returns
> I'm curious to what remote events can be set by an NMI that wont take
> affect in what the NMI interrupted. I would think that NMIs should be
> treated as if they didn't exist, because they should not be calling
> anything that sets NEED_RESCHED or grabbing locks and such.

Hmm, i thought there were cases where we checked if it was in
kernel mode instead of IPIng, and assume the check is done when
returning.

But cannot come up with a concrete example right now. It may have
been wrong. Or I forgot it :)

You're right anything with interrupts should be fine because
it's just blocked.

-Andi

  Last update: 2011-11-29 22:31    [W:0.091 / U:0.044 seconds]