SubjectRe: [BUG] 3.2-rc2: BUG kmalloc-8: Redzone overwritten
On 26/11/11 20:50, David Miller wrote:
> From: Steven Whitehouse<swhiteho@redhat.com>
> Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:58:30 +0000
>
>> I have to say that I've been wondering lately whether it has got to the
>> point where it is no longer useful. Has anybody actually tested it
>> lately against "real" DEC implementations?
>
> I doubt it :-)

DECnet is in use against real DEC implementations - I have checked it
quite recently against a VAX running OpenVMS. How many people are
actually using it for real work is a different question though.

It's also true that it's not really supported by anyone as I orphaned it
some time ago and nobody else seems to care enough to take it over. So
if it's becoming a burden on people doing real kernel work then I don't
think many tears will be wept for its removal.

Chrissie

  Last update: 2011-11-28 11:01    [W:0.129 / U:0.112 seconds]