    SubjectRe: WARNING: at mm/slub.c:3357, kernel BUG at mm/slub.c:3413

    > > I just want to see whether your network + heavy IO load problem goes
    > > away with that one patch.
    > Sorry, I should have been clearer in that mail: the high "load" value
    > isn't a problem - the intermittent panics are. What I meant to say was:
    > the panics usually occur when lots of disk & cpu IO is in progress (rsync
    > to an external but local disk over firewire). While doing this the load is
    > usally at 3-5, but that's "normal" and expected for a machine of that age.

    No, I understand your problem. What I meant above is to see whether you
    reproduce the crash caused by network + heavy IO :-)

    > But then the machine crashes with recent kernels. After setting the
    > cpu_partial files to 0 I tried to reproduce the same I/O pattern, *plus* a
    > bit more, to really stress the machine, so load went up to 6-7 and the
    > machine did not crash. So the load of 6-7 was expected and I'm glad that
    > the machine did not crash with that workaround. I don't know of the
    > implications of setting cpu_partial to 0 though.

    Right. Now we want to check if that patch from Christoph fixes cpu

    > As soon as the build with Christoph's one-liner is done I'll test w/o
    > setting cpu_partial to 0 and see what it gives.

    Thanks !

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-11-23 03:13    [W:0.020 / U:1.628 seconds]