SubjectRe: [git patches] libata updates, GPG signed (but see admin notes)
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Shawn Pearce <spearce@spearce.org> wrote:

>> So I really think that signing the top commit itself is fundamentally wrong.
>
> I really disagree. I like the signed commit approach.

If you like it so much, go ahead and use them.

But stop with the crazy excuses for the downsides. I explained exactly
why amending is stupid and wrong, and why empty commits are f*cking
moronic. But even apart from the *technical* problems with the stupid
mis-designed feature, I explained why it was fundamentally broken from
a workflow standpoint too.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't use them - go ahead and use the
feature if you like it. But please spare me your excuses for stupid
workarounds that come from the fact that they aren't a good match for
sane workflows.

Linus