    SubjectRe: [git patches] libata updates, GPG signed (but see admin notes)
    On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Shawn Pearce <> wrote:
    >> So I really think that signing the top commit itself is fundamentally wrong.
    > I really disagree. I like the signed commit approach.

    If you like it so much, go ahead and use them.

    But stop with the crazy excuses for the downsides. I explained exactly
    why amending is stupid and wrong, and why empty commits are f*cking
    moronic. But even apart from the *technical* problems with the stupid
    mis-designed feature, I explained why it was fundamentally broken from
    a workflow standpoint too.

    I'm not saying that you shouldn't use them - go ahead and use the
    feature if you like it. But please spare me your excuses for stupid
    workarounds that come from the fact that they aren't a good match for
    sane workflows.

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-11-03 02:23    [W:0.019 / U:34.304 seconds]