    SubjectRe: [RFC,PATCH] perf tool: Refactoring IO data files code
    Em Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 02:46:40PM +0100, Jiri Olsa escreveu:
    > Hi,
    >
    > based on following discussion:
    > http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=131731212425421&w=2
    > http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=131736842010972&w=2
    >
    > I made some changes to have event memory mapping and input/output
    > data code in one place. The reason was to make the change for
    > multiple event data files at least possible ;)
    >
    > This patchset is marked as RFC since it's quite big change
    > and I expect some better design might come up.
    >
    > However, patches 1 and 2 are not big deal, since they are
    > just small (not so related) changes.
    >
    > Patches 3-4 are the main change of the patchset.
    >
    > 1/5 perf tool: Fix session host_nachine retrieval
    > 2/5 perf tool: Initialize events IDs in a single function
    > 3/5 perf tool: Introducing perf_mmap object
    > 4/5 perf tool: Introducing perf_data object
    > 5/5 perf tool: Putting mmap support to perf_data object

    Reading those patches now.

    > I did some overall testing of all the changed command,
    > and so far so good. Just hit issue with 'diff' command,
    > but this one seems not to work even without my changes.

    Yeah, it needs more work to properly suport multi-event perf.data files.

    > Also the current perf python binsing code is broken
    > wit missing dependencies so I could not test my
    > changes there.

    Which ones? I fixed some and posted to my perf/urgent branch, waiting
    for Ingo to merge.

    - Arnaldo

      Last update: 2011-11-18 15:17    [W:0.022 / U:61.944 seconds]