SubjectRe: [RFC,PATCH] perf tool: Refactoring IO data files code
Em Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 02:46:40PM +0100, Jiri Olsa escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> based on following discussion:
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=131731212425421&w=2
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=131736842010972&w=2
>
> I made some changes to have event memory mapping and input/output
> data code in one place. The reason was to make the change for
> multiple event data files at least possible ;)
>
> This patchset is marked as RFC since it's quite big change
> and I expect some better design might come up.
>
> However, patches 1 and 2 are not big deal, since they are
> just small (not so related) changes.
>
> Patches 3-4 are the main change of the patchset.
>
> 1/5 perf tool: Fix session host_nachine retrieval
> 2/5 perf tool: Initialize events IDs in a single function
> 3/5 perf tool: Introducing perf_mmap object
> 4/5 perf tool: Introducing perf_data object
> 5/5 perf tool: Putting mmap support to perf_data object

Reading those patches now.

> I did some overall testing of all the changed command,
> and so far so good. Just hit issue with 'diff' command,
> but this one seems not to work even without my changes.

Yeah, it needs more work to properly suport multi-event perf.data files.

> Also the current perf python binsing code is broken
> wit missing dependencies so I could not test my
> changes there.

Which ones? I fixed some and posted to my perf/urgent branch, waiting
for Ingo to merge.

- Arnaldo

  Last update: 2011-11-18 15:17    [W:0.126 / U:0.100 seconds]