SubjectRe: Linux 3.2-rc2
On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xenotime.net> wrote:

> still uploading?  I don't see the patch file(s) at all.

My internet connection while travelling is too slow, and I aborted it.
The tar-file can be remotely generated (and I can upload just a
matching signature), but the diffs aren't stable enough for that (the
same physical difference can be shown many different ways - and in a
big diff usually is).

I'm trying to match git versions and get a matching diff, but if worst
comes to worst it will be two days before I get to Sao Paulo and
(presumably) a reasonable internet connection.

The funny thing is, I never had trouble with git. Git is so efficient
wrt network bandwidth that the really sucky connection never mattered
for real work. It's literally just uploading a big diff (largely the
network driver renames) that takes too long to be worth it.

Linus