    SubjectRe: [patch 0/8] Samsung Laptop driver patches - resend
    On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 11:57 PM, Corentin Chary
    <> wrote:
    > On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Greg KH <> wrote:
    >> On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 11:54:39PM +0100, Corentin Chary wrote:
    >>> Just got a 90X3A from Intel and I'll try to take a look at samsung-laptop
    >>> since some features are missing (keyboard backlight for example).
    >> Try adding your device to this driver.  Or, watch out, as newer Samsung
    >> devices support backlight control "properly" through acpi, which is
    >> good, and this driver is not needed by them at all.
    > I'm speaking about *keyboard* backlight here, not screen backlight
    > (which is already available using both the acpi driver and the intel
    > graphic driver). There is also a setting to enable USB power while
    > sleeping without having to change it in the BIOS, and it's probably
    > possible to control the sound and wlan led.
    >>> Do you have any doc on the vendor "interface" (other than just reading
    >>> the code :) ) ?
    >> I do not have any documentation for the interface, sorry.  The code
    >> should be self-explanatory.
    > Arg... I can understand the code, I can easilly write ACPI and WMI
    > drivers, but the "SABI" thing will be harder to reverse engineer :).

    It was in fact very fun to find out new commands, and I found interesting stuff.

    However, I have a quick question: what does "wireless button" control
    exactly ? Because my laptop (SwSmi@ one), seems to have a totally
    different command to control rfkill (both for bluetooth and wlan). My
    guess is that command do the same thing that happens when you press
    the Fn+F12 key, but if it's really that I'd prefer use the "true"
    rfkill interface with differencied control for bluetooth and wlan.

    I have found other interesting information including:
    - you can pass up to 11 byte of data for each command (but I didn't
    found any command using more than 6)
    - there is a way to find the model name and bios version near the signature
    - wlan and bluetooth control
    - USB charge control
    - Keyboard backlight control
    - Battery life extender control

    I'll try to clean that up and send some patches in one week or two.

    Corentin Chary

      Last update: 2011-11-13 10:55    [W:0.034 / U:2.640 seconds]