SubjectRe: [git patches] libata updates, GPG signed (but see admin notes)
On Tue, 01 Nov 2011, James Bottomley wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-10-31 at 21:25 -0700, hpanvin@gmail.com wrote:
> > Body searches are still slow, at least with dovecot on the server. No
> > idea about gmail as the server.
>
> Actually, my experience is different. I do use body searches a lot (not
> TSA approved ones, obviously) and I found they're much faster after
> switching to dovecot (from wu-imapd). However, they also burn massive
> amounts of CPU time on my server, so it probably helps that I only have
> a couple of mail users.

Well, Cyrus IMAP provides fast server-side body searches using indexes, but
you'd have to configure it properly to use that feature. It is lightweight
on the server side after the initial indexing (yes, it can do incremental
and staggered indexing). Maybe Dovecot also needs some configuration to
index mailboxes for fast searching?

wu-imapd is not something one should bring up on polite conversation.

Henrique Holschuh

  Last update: 2011-11-01 14:15    [W:0.308 / U:0.476 seconds]