    SubjectLinux 3.1-rc9
    Another week, another -rc.

    On the kernel front, not a huge amount of changes. That said, by now,
    there had better not be - and I definitely wouldn't have minded having
    even fewer changes. But the fixes that are here are generally pretty
    small, and the diffstat really doesn't look all that scary - there
    really aren't *big* changes anywhere.

    The things that do stand out a bit: some DRM fixes (radeon and i915),
    various network drivers, some ceph fixes - and just lots of random
    small stuff. The sparc updates are tiny (T4/T5 detection), but even so
    are the bulk of the arch changes, things really have been that quiet.

    The more noticeable change isn't actually to the code at all, it's
    that is starting to have parts of it come up again, so you
    can now find the kernel sources back in the traditional location:

    (although I am also updating github in case you cloned from there, so
    you don't *have* to change).

    Also, since I now have a new stronger gpg key, and that new key
    actually ends up being signed by more people than the old one ever was
    (at least people I *know*), I decided I might as well switch to that
    one. So if you are the kind of person who verifies tags, you may want
    to do

    gpg --recv-keys 00411886

    to get my new key, so that "git verify-tag" will work for you.

    (Key fingerprint = ABAF 11C6 5A29 70B1 30AB E3C4 79BE 3E43 0041 1886)

    Obviously, in order to trust that that is actually really my key
    rather than just blindly believe this email that could easily have
    been faked by some Linux wannabe), you'd need to check it. But since
    it's signed with my old tag signing key, you shouldn't have any more
    trust issues with the new one than you should have with the old key.
    Or you can try to follow the chain of trust of the other key signers -
    some of them have way more signatures than I ever had and are pretty
    well connected.

    Anything else worth mentioning? Hopefully the PCIe issues with MPS
    tuning are all behind us, for the simple reason that we just disabled
    them for now, and will revisit it for 3.2. And the occasional oopses
    with USB disk removal should now be fixed once and for all (knock
    wood). Anything else should be really esoteric and device-specific,
    you can get a feel for it in the shortlog.

    Go forth and test,

    Alex Deucher (4):
    drm/radeon/kms: fix regression in DP aux defer handling
    drm/radeon/kms: add retry limits for native DP aux defer
    drm/radeon/kms: Fix logic error in DP HPD handler
    drm/radeon/kms: fix channel_remap setup (v2)

    Andy Gospodarek (1):
    bonding: properly stop queuing work when requested

    Antonio Quartulli (1):
    batman-adv: do_bcast has to be true for broadcast packets only

    Archit Taneja (1):
    [media] OMAP_VOUT: Fix build break caused by update_mode removal in DSS2

    Arnd Bergmann (2):
    ASoC: use a valid device for dev_err() in Zylonite
    ASoC: omap_mcpdm_remove cannot be __devexit

    Axel Lin (1):
    ASoC: Fix setting update bits for WM8753_LADC and WM8753_RADC

    Ben Greear (2):
    ipv6-multicast: Fix memory leak in input path.
    ipv6-multicast: Fix memory leak in IPv6 multicast.

    Benjamin Herrenschmidt (1):
    powerpc: Fix device-tree matching for Apple U4 bridge

    Borislav Petkov (1):
    ide-disk: Fix request requeuing

    Brian King (1):
    ibmveth: Fix oops on request_irq failure

    Carsten Otte (1):
    [S390] gmap: always up mmap_sem properly

    Dave Young (1):
    [media] v4l: Make sure we hold a reference to the v4l2_device
    before using it

    David S. Miller (3):
    sparc64: Future proof Niagara cpu detection.
    sparc: Make '-p' boot option meaningful again.
    sparc64: Force the execute bit in OpenFirmware's translation entries.

    David Vrabel (1):
    net: xen-netback: correctly restart Tx after a VM restore/migrate

    Divy Le Ray (1):
    cxgb4: Fix EEH on IBM P7IOC

    Dmitry Kravkov (2):
    bnx2x: fix hw attention handling
    bnx2x: fix WOL by enablement PME in config space

    Guenter Roeck (1):
    hwmon: (coretemp) Avoid leaving around dangling pointer

    Hannes Reinecke (1):
    block: Free queue resources at blk_release_queue()

    Hans Verkuil (1):
    [media] v4l: Fix use-after-free case in v4l2_device_release

    Ian Campbell (1):
    MAINTAINERS: tehuti: Alexander Indenbaum's address bounces

    James Bottomley (1):
    [SCSI] 3w-9xxx: fix iommu_iova leak

    Jason Wang (1):
    net: fix a typo in Documentation/networking/scaling.txt

    Jean Delvare (1):
    hwmon: (coretemp) Fixup platform device ID change

    Jim Schutt (1):
    libceph: initialize ack_stamp to avoid unnecessary connection reset

    Jiri Olsa (1):
    perf tools: Fix raw sample reading

    Joerg Roedel (1):
    [media] omap3isp: Fix build error in ispccdc.c

    Johannes Berg (1):
    iwlagn: fix dangling scan request

    Jon Mason (1):
    PCI: Disable MPS configuration by default

    Jonathan Lallinger (1):
    RDSRDMA: Fix cleanup of rds_iw_mr_pool

    Josef Bacik (1):
    Btrfs: force a page fault if we have a shorty copy on a page boundary

    Jouni Malinen (1):
    cfg80211: Fix validation of AKM suites

    Keith Packard (2):
    drm/i915: Enable dither whenever display bpc < frame buffer bpc
    drm/i915: FBC off for ironlake and older, otherwise on by default

    Larry Finger (1):
    rtlwifi: rtl8192cu: Fix unitialized struct

    Lars-Peter Clausen (1):
    mfd: Fix generic irq chip ack function name for jz4740-adc

    Laurent Pinchart (1):
    [media] uvcvideo: Fix crash when linking entities

    Linus Torvalds (2):
    bootup: move 'usermodehelper_enable()' to the end of do_basic_setup()
    Linux 3.1-rc9

    Madalin Bucur (2):
    net: check return value for dst_alloc
    ipv6: check return value for dst_alloc

    Mark Salyzyn (1):
    [SCSI] libsas: fix failure to revalidate domain for anything but
    the first expander child.

    Martin Schwidefsky (1):
    [S390] Do not clobber personality flags on exec

    Mathias Krause (1):
    sparc, exec: remove redundant addr_limit assignment

    Matt Fleming (1):
    x86/rtc: Don't recursively acquire rtc_lock

    Michel Dänzer (3):
    drm/radeon: Simplify cursor x/yorigin calculation.
    drm/radeon: Update AVIVO cursor coordinate origin before
    x/yorigin calculation.
    drm/radeon: Set cursor x/y to 0 when x/yorigin > 0.

    Ming Lei (1):
    [media] uvcvideo: Set alternate setting 0 on resume if the bus
    has been reset

    Mohammed Shafi Shajakhan (1):
    ath9k: Fix a dma warning/memory leak

    Neil Horman (1):
    [SCSI] cxgb3i: convert cdev->l2opt to use rcu to prevent NULL dereference

    Nicholas Miell (1):
    drm/radeon/kms: fix cursor image off-by-one error

    Noah Watkins (1):
    libceph: fix parse options memory leak

    Oliver Hartkopp (2):
    can bcm: fix tx_setup off-by-one errors
    can bcm: fix incomplete tx_setup fix

    Peter Oberparleiter (1):
    [S390] cio: fix cio_tpi ignoring adapter interrupts

    Peter Zijlstra (1):
    posix-cpu-timers: Cure SMP wobbles

    Rajkumar Manoharan (1):
    ath9k_hw: Fix Rx DMA stuck for AR9003 chips

    Ram Pai (1):
    Resource: fix wrong resource window calculation

    Randy Dunlap (1):
    [SCSI] scsi: qla4xxx needs libiscsi.o

    Richard Cochran (2):
    ptp: fix L2 event message recognition
    dp83640: reduce driver noise

    Rob Herring (2):
    irq: Add declaration of irq_domain_simple_ops to irqdomain.h
    irq: Fix check for already initialized irq_domain in irq_domain_add

    Roy.Li (1):
    net: Documentation: Fix type of variables

    Sage Weil (3):
    libceph: fix linger request requeuing
    libceph: fix pg_temp mapping calculation
    libceph: fix pg_temp mapping update

    Shawn Bohrer (1):
    sched/rt: Migrate equal priority tasks to available CPUs

    Shmulik Ravid (1):
    bnx2x: add missing break in bnx2x_dcbnl_get_cap

    Simon Farnsworth (1):
    drm/i915: Enable SDVO hotplug interrupts for HDMI and DVI

    Simon Kirby (1):
    sched: Fix up wchan borkage

    Stanislaw Gruszka (2):
    iwlegacy: fix command queue timeout
    iwlegacy: do not use interruptible waits

    Takashi Iwai (2):
    ALSA: hda - Fix a regression of the position-buffer check
    lis3: fix regression of HP DriveGuard with 8bit chip

    Tomoya MORINAGA (5):
    spi-topcliff-pch: add tx-memory clear after complete transmitting
    spi-topcliff-pch: Fix SSN Control issue
    spi-topcliff-pch: Fix CPU read complete condition issue
    spi-topcliff-pch: Add recovery processing in case FIFO overrun
    error occurs
    spi-topcliff-pch: Fix overrun issue

    Toshiharu Okada (2):
    pch_gbe: Fixed the issue on which PC was frozen when link was downed.
    pch_gbe: Fixed the issue on which a network freezes

    Vasily Averin (1):
    [SCSI] aacraid: reset should disable MSI interrupt

    Willem de Bruijn (1):
    make PACKET_STATISTICS getsockopt report consistently between
    ring and non-ring

    Wu Fengguang (1):
    writeback: show raw dirtied_when in trace writeback_single_inode

    Yan, Zheng (1):
    ipv6: nullify ipv6_ac_list and ipv6_fl_list when creating new socket

    wangyanqing (1):
    bootup: move 'usermodehelper_enable()' a little earlier

      Last update: 2011-10-05 03:43    [W:0.036 / U:16.188 seconds]