    SubjectRe: [RFC 2/5] ARM: OMAP: omap_device: add a method to set iommu private archdata
    Date
    Ohad Ben-Cohen <ohad@wizery.com> writes:

    > On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 8:15 PM, Kevin Hilman <khilman@ti.com> wrote:
    >> The approach is OK with me, but I'm a bit torn about whether or not to
    >> merge this since the need for this should go away when converting to DT.
    >
    > I guess it will still take some time until our boards are fully
    > functional with DT, so I think we should regard this as an interim
    > solution. Without this patch, a huge deal of code consolidation and
    > generalization is gated (namely - generic iommu and dma api, and
    > everything that depends on it, e.g. rpmsg/remoteproc).
    >
    >> Is anyone working on IOMMU DT description?
    >
    > Unless Benoit is, I'll happily pick this up.

    tag. you're it.

    >> I guess if I do merge this, we can also clean this up significantly
    >> after all devices are converted to DT.
    >
    > Sure.

    OK, as long as I have some confidence that this is going in the right
    direction (and having you on the job is a good sign!) I'm willing to
    merge something like this as an interim solution.

    Kevin