SubjectRe: Hyper-V TODO file
On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 01:59:56PM +0000, KY Srinivasan wrote:
> Greg, sometime back you checked in the changes to the TODO file reflecting
> that there are no outstanding vmbus related issues. What is the process now
> for getting the vmbus (and util) drivers out of staging. Let me know if there is
> something I can do to help this along. As you know, we had posted the network
> driver for public review a while ago (several months ago) and we have addressed
> all the review comments we got. Any guidance on what we should do next would be
> greatly appreciated.
At this point in time, just ask me, and I will move the files.

So, to confirm, you want to have the following files moved to
drivers/hv/:
drivers/staging/hv/Kconfig (part of this file)
drivers/staging/hv/Makefile (part of this file)
drivers/staging/hv/vmbus_drv.c
drivers/staging/hv/hv.c
drivers/staging/hv/connection.c
drivers/staging/hv/channel.c
drivers/staging/hv/channel_mgmt.c
drivers/staging/hv/ring_buffer.c
drivers/staging/hv/hv_util.c
drivers/staging/hv/hv_kmp.c
drivers/staging/hv/hv_kvp.h
drivers/staging/hv/hyperv_vmbus.h

The following file moved to include/linux/:
drivers/staging/hv/hyperv.h
(I think there is stuff in there that can go into hyperv_vmbus.h as it's
not needed in the "global" directory, but I can do that movement.)

The following file moved to tools/hv/:
drivers/staging/hv/tools/*
And the following files modified to tie drivers/hv/ into the build service:
drivers/Makefile
drivers/Kconfig

Is all of that correct?

thanks,