    SubjectRe: [git patches] libata updates, GPG signed (but see admin notes)
    On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 3:33 PM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com> wrote:

    > Didn't realize that... I guess I'm too used to named remotes.
    >
    > If so, just using a tag should be fine, no?

    Yes, that's what I think. But the argument for using a separate
    namespace is that
    (a) you never get confused
    (b) it would make it easier to make the 1:1 relationship between
    branch names and these "pull request signature tags" without limiting
    the naming of *normal* tags in any way
    (c) they do have separate lifetimes from "real" tags.

    But seriously, I don't care about the *implementation* all that much.
    If people want to use the crazy git "notes" capability, you can do
    that too, although quite frankly, I don't see the point. What actually
    matters is that "git push" and "git pull" would JustWork(tm), and
    check the signature if one exists, without having to cut-and-paste
    data that simply shouldn't be visible to the user.

    I abhor the interface Ingo suggested, for example. Why would we have
    stupid command line options that we should cut-and-paste? Automation
    is for computers, not for people.

    Linus

      Last update: 2011-10-31 23:41    [W:0.025 / U:30.372 seconds]