    SubjectRe: 2.6.38.8 kernel bug in XFS or megaraid driver with heavy I/O load
    Date
    On Montag, 17. Oktober 2011 jesper@krogh.cc wrote:
    > Over the weekend, we have run memtest for 4 hours (50% of the
    > complete tests according to memtest) and it didnt find anything.

    This is a bit OT, but you *must* run at least one full loop of memtest
    in order to have significant output. I've had PCs that only broke on
    test 7, and sometimes even a PC could run 2-3 loops before a bad bit was
    found on the 4th loop or so. Only if there's a nasty error, like a
    physically broken mainboard, you'll gets errors quickly.

    Despite that, I think your problem is not memory based, as you said you
    use ECC, and I'd believe you've turned on background scrubbing.

    --
    mit freundlichen Grüssen,
    Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc

    Tel: +43 660 / 415 6531

      Last update: 2011-10-24 18:59    [W:0.023 / U:0.208 seconds]