    SubjectGFS2: Pre-pull patch posting (merge window)
    Date
    Hi,

    Since the merge window is upon us, here is the current content of
    the GFS2 git tree. A few things will be help back to the following
    merge window in order to ensure a greater test time, but those currently
    in the tree are ready for the current window.

    Recently I've reconstituted the GFS2 git tree, so it can be pulled
    (via http) from:

    http://sucs.org/~rohan/git/gfs2-3.0-nmw

    and viewed via gitweb at:

    http://sucs.org/gitweb/

    This is thanks to the Swansea University Computer Society for providing
    a temporary (or possibly permanent) home for the GFS2 git trees. Please
    treat their server kindly as this will only continue while it doesn't
    generate too much traffic. I figure that there will not be too many
    people pulling the GFS2 tree at once, but we'll see.

    Some highlights of the current patch set:
    o Reduction in code of approx 400 lines
    o Big clean up (and speed up) in the resource group code
    - This is a nice base to build some forthcoming improvements on
    - It should improve performance with multi-threaded workloads
    o Some left-over fsync/writeback changes
    o Improvements to readahead when deallocating large directories

    Any questions/concerns then please let me know as usual,

    Steve.

      Last update: 2011-10-24 14:49    [W:0.022 / U:29.584 seconds]