SubjectRe: status: establishing a PGP web of trust
On 10/02/2011 04:54 AM, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Sunday, October 02, 2011, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Hmm. That doesn't seem very practical if someone doesn't live close
> to any other core kernel developers.

You probably know enough people (including myself) that would be willing
to sign your key over the phone. That's part of giving yourself
sufficient time.

> What number of signatures on the key will be regarded as sufficient?
>> We can work out specific details at KS.
> Well, the KS is going to be busy time this year I suppose. :-)
> What about people who haven't been invited to the KS?

Well, KS is still a place where we can discuss these kinds of policies;
we can't be a perfect democracy and in fact have never even attempted to.