SubjectRe: ALSA: HDA: conexant support for Lenovo T520/W520
At Wed, 19 Oct 2011 00:13:05 +0200,
Daniel Suchy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 10/18/2011 11:04 AM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> >> There's another issue I observed related to audio outputs, but I'm not
> >> sure about the reason. With docking station, audio isn't working over
> >> audio output on the Minidock 3. Internal speakers are cutted off
> >> properly, but there's no sound output on the connector. Audio output on
> >> T520 directly works as expected, only output on minidock has this
> >> problem. If you have any hints, let me know. This happens even with
> >> autodetection enabled (this was my initial motivation for looking into
> >> the driver source, and also CXT5066_THINKPAD quirk, which I tested
> >> previously has this problem).
> >
> > Might be an EAPD issue? There is another pending patch. Attached
> > below.
> >

> I tried all patches you provided, but the problem with output persists.
> Tested on 3.1-rc10. I'll look on the recording issue tomorrow.

OK, then could you give alsa-info.sh outputs (run with --no-upload)
at docked (non-working) and undocked (working) states with model=auto?
If the dock-output works with your patch, give alsa-info.sh output
at that state, too, for comparison.

The alsa-info.sh output is the best material to track down a HD-audio
issue, since I can run an emulator here with it.

thanks,

Takashi

  Last update: 2011-10-19 08:03    [W:0.071 / U:0.080 seconds]