    SubjectRe: Please include const-sections into linux-next
    On Sun, 2011-10-16 at 23:57 +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
    > vate email?
    > >
    > > OK, so after fixing up that one, the next failure is:
    > >
    > > drivers/net/fealnx.c:95: error: version causes a section type conflict
    > > drivers/net/fealnx.c:1944: error: fealnx_pci_tbl causes a section type
    > > conflict
    >
    > Hmm, this is weird (just like the other error)
    > I wonder if the pa-risc tool chain has some general problems with sections
    >
    > On a successful build with the same config could you send me the output of
    >
    > make drivers/net/fealnx.s
    > and
    > make drivers/net/fealnx.i

    > in the same config privately? From that I can see if there's something else
    > in init.rodata that does not match my i386 build.

    Yes, I'll send under separate cover.

    > One alternative to track it down would be to apply the attached
    > patch to the gcc, then gcc would print it out.

    I think the basic problem that excites the toolchain somehow is
    sectional annotations. Can't we just dump them and do it all in a
    linker script? Linker scripts seem to be much better tested.

    James

      Last update: 2011-10-19 17:57    [W:0.021 / U:2.832 seconds]