SubjectRe: patch] cpusets, cgroups: disallow attaching kthreadd
On Tue, 2011-10-18 at 13:38 -0700, David Rientjes wrote:

> Eek, this seems like complete overkill, there may be cgroups now or in the
> future that it would be perfectly acceptable to move kthreadd into without
> any negative effects. There's no reason to restrict it this broadly,
> that's why I thought your change to cpusets was fine and acked it. It's
> the perfect candidate for what the ->can_attach() pointer for a cgroup can
> identify is problematic for _that_ cgroup.

My thinking is that kthreadd is the mother of all kernel threads and the
kernel assumes it can spawn kthreads without constraints, a valid
assumption IMO.

Therefore the kthreadd thread should live in the root cgroup at all
times, irrespective of whatever controllers are or aren't actually safe.

  Last update: 2011-10-19 09:53    [W:0.076 / U:1.220 seconds]