SubjectRe: sony-laptop driver: Volume keys on Sony Vaio TX3 don't work
On 17/10/11 23:45, Mattia Dongili wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 05:50:13PM -0400, Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 06:38:01 +0900, Mattia Dongili said:
>>
>> If that's not an option, perhaps we need a per-model quirk that patches up the
>> tables at boot time? If we do that, we may want to re-arrange the table so the
>> affected entries are at the front or something to help insure we don't patch
>> the wrong entries if somebody else inserts new lines.
>>
> Wouldn't udev do that already?
> We may actually want to remove those events that never get looked up in
> the tables instead.

udev does have some per-model stuff for the Vaio's.

Doesn't work right because the scancodes reported the sony-laptop driver
are not the right ones.

(sony-laptop sends its "event" code as the scancode, but to change the
keymap you have to use the index in the sony_laptop_input_keycode_map
table. I have posted one patch for this which makes the scancodes at
least consistent but I think I'll do another that makes them be the same
as what current udev thinks they should be. I'll have that ready this
evening I thing - have to work now :-( )

  Last update: 2011-10-18 11:09    [W:0.074 / U:0.060 seconds]