    SubjectRe: A Plumber’ s Wish List for Linux
    On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 10:40:14AM -0700, Tejun Heo wrote:

    > In general, I think making freezer work nicely with the rest of the
    > system is a good idea and have been working towards that direction.
    > Allowing a frozen task to be killed is not only handy for use cases
    > like above but also makes solving freezer involved deadlocks much less
    > likely and easier to solve. Another that I have in mind is allowing
    > ptrace from unfrozen task to a frozen task. This can be helpful in
    > general debugging (currently attaching to multi-threaded, violently
    > cloning process is quite cumbersome) and userland checkpointing.

    Yeah, being able to ptrace a frozen cgroup would be great for us.
    We stick with signals start/stop cycle at moment but the final target
    is the cgroups and freezer of course. (btw while were poking freezer
    code I noticed that there is no shortcut to move all tasks in cgroup
    into the root cgroup, so I guess say "echo -1 > tasks" might be a good
    addition to move all tasks from some particular cgroup to the root
    by single action).

    > I was working toward these and had some of the patches in Rafael's
    > tree but then korg went down and we lost track of the tree and I had a
    > pretty long vacation. I can't say for sure but am aiming to achieve
    > the goals during the next devel cycle.

    This is a wishlist after all, so target is pointed and only time is
    needed to implement all this ;)

    Cyrill

      Last update: 2011-10-12 20:19    [W:0.021 / U:30.368 seconds]