SubjectRe: [alsa-devel] Using spdiff for backporting
At Fri, 7 Oct 2011 10:41:06 -0700,
Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:

> > Also, in the slides from the plumbers-conf. I think I saw it mentioned
> > that there's also an alsa-compat git-tree somewhere. Maybe that is a
> > more compelling usecase? I was unable to find it though so I'd
> > appreciate a link.
>
> It was on kernel.org, but if it got rm -rf'd then its gone as I do not
> have a local copy.

Oh, I didn't know of such a tree. So you created alsa driver build
system with your spdiff? That's interesting.

> The compat-alsa stuff though was determined to be
> superflous with the ALSA's team's own backport work which is currently
> independent.

Yes, the external alsa-driver build tree has existed since 10 years
ago :) It was even possible to build with 2.2/2.4 kernels until
recently.

The current tree is found in github,
git://github.com/tiwai/alsa-driver-build.git

> My hope though is to unify these through the compat.git /
> compat-kernel (currently just called compat-wireless) effort.

The common framework would be really nice to have.
V4L also have own build system, and possible other subsystem trees too.

thanks,

Takashi

  Last update: 2011-10-10 14:43    [W:0.035 / U:0.720 seconds]