    SubjectRe: cgroup scheduling: Adding kthreadd to a non-RT cgroup can deadlock the kernel
    On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 10:02 -0500, Nelson Elhage wrote:
    > Ok. I bothered reporting this here since the kernel /does/ try to prevent you
    > from shooting yourself in the foot in related ways, by moving existing
    > SCHED_FIFO tasks into a cgroup without any RT runtime, so I figured it might
    > make sense to add a check here. libcgroup, for example, will try to move all
    > processes into a default cgroup, ignoring errors, and relies on the kernel to
    > prevent it from shooting itself in the foot.
    >
    > It sounds like you consider that behavior a bug, though, so I'll go report this
    > bug there.

    Right, so we try to catch obvious cases, but its near impossible to
    catch all cases.

    And its not only the scheduler controller, I bet you can get into
    trouble with some of the other controllers as well.

      Last update: 2011-01-05 16:21    [W:0.058 / U:30.596 seconds]